Instructor, Tri-Cities, Assistant Director
|Instructor, Tri-Cities, Assistant Director|
|TC - 1252|
|2710 Crimson Way|
Richland, WA 99354-1643
Susan has enjoyed a full career with experiences in hospital based nursing, community health, and education. She values life-long learning and looks forward to learning from all of her students. She currently works with students in the first semester of the nursing program and in their last semester. She provides leadership for the students in the Tri Cities as the Assistant Director.
"I enjoy leading and following, studying and doing. Interesting places I’ve traveled: Vladivostok, Russia; Bangkok, Thailand; Vietnam and St. Francis, Kansas I would love to backpack in Israel someday. Key words that I can use to describe myself: wife, mother, Believer, organized, purposeful, compassionate, active, lover of dark chocolate!"
- MN, WSU College of Nursing, Spokane, WA
- BSN, California State University, Sacramento, CA
- AA, American River College, Sacramento, CA
How communities work to provide access to care for their members.Habits of systems thinking as applied to community/population health.
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS)
- Benton Franklin Community Health Alliance
- Accountable Communities of Health
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Jan Holloway Award for Excellence in Clinical Instruction, 2011
- Marcia Howery Award: Washington Free Clinics, 2009
- Making a Difference for Women Award, Soroptimist International of Pasco, Kennewick, 2007
- Tri-Cities Nurse of the Year, Education, Tri-Cities, WA, 1993