|WSU College of Nursing|
PO Box 1495
Spokane, WA 99210-1495
Christine Brown has been a clinical maternity instructor at Sacred Heart Medical Center for WSU College of Nursing since August of 2006. Her nursing background includes 25 years of active full scope clinical practice as a Certified Nurse Midwife: delivering in rural Maine for one year, three years in an out of hospital birth center (Spokane Family Birth Center), and 17 years of hospital deliveries at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, WA. Currently, Christine is a clinical maternity Women’s Health Care provider at Planned Parenthood in Spokane since February 2009.
- BSN, Montana State University, 1974, Bozeman, Montana
- MSN (research), Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
- ACNM local chapter Seattle, 2011-present
- Nurse Practitioner Group of Spokane, 1983 – 2012
- American College of Nurse-Midwives, 1980-present
Midwifery, obstetrics, women’s health issues, education.
Therapeutic effects of bathing during labor. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery. 1982, 27, 13-16.
Tactile communication during birth. Unpublished Master’s Thesis, 1982.