|WSU College of Nursing|
PO Box 1495
Spokane, WA 99210-1495
Mary Stucky is a Senior Instructor at WSU College of Nursing.
"I have enjoyed many rewards during my practice as a registered nurse. Working in ICU, Home Health, Public Health and Education Roles has given me the opportunity to meet and work with many outstanding individuals committed to serving others. I am grateful for the privilege of this work and hope in some way to have met the needs of those whom I have served."
- BSN, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- MSN, University of Nebraska College of Nursing, Omaha, NE
BSN/RN-BSN education, teaching online, academic advising, long term care
- Spokane Parish Nurse Support Group, chair, 2008-present
- Northwest Parish Nurse Ministries, 1995-present
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, 1975-present
- Delta Chi Chapter-at-Large,charter member, 1980-present
- Alpha Sigma Nu (previously Gamma Pi Epsilon) – Jesuit Honorary,1969-present
- American Nurses Association/Washington State Nurses Association, 1969-2005
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Award, WSU College of Nursing, 2015
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Associated Students of WSU Spokane - Nominated 2015
- 25 Years of Service – Washington State University, 2012
- Excellence in Teaching, WSU Spokane – Nominated 2010
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chi Chapter-at-Large, Excellence in Nursing Education, 2007
- Spokane Teachers Credit Union Undergraduate Faculty Award, Nominated 2006, 2005
- WSU Mentor Award, Nominated 2005
- Faculty Service Award, Intercollegiate Center for Nursing Education, 2003
- Excellence in Teaching, Intercollegiate Center for Nursing Ed, Nominated 2002, 1992
- Jan Holloway Clinical Excellence Award, Nominated, 1998, 1993
- Spokesman-Review “Neighbors of the Year Award”, Spokane, Southside, 1992
- Nurse Excellence Award, Employee of the Month, Spokane VNA, 1991
- President’s Award, Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chi Chapter at Large, 1990
Thiele, J.E., Allen, C. and Stucky, M. (1999). Effects of web-based instruction upon
learning behaviors of undergraduate and graduate students. Nursing and Health Care Perspectives, 20(4), 199-203.
Thiele, J. E., Holloway, J. R., Murphy, D. A., Pendarvis, J. H., and Stucky, M. K. (1991). Perceived and actual decision making by novice baccalaureate students. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 13(5), 616‑626.
Thiele, J. E., Pendarvis, J. H., Stucky, M. K., Holloway, J. R., & Murphy, D. A. (1989). Perioperative clinical simulations: Development and use in nursing education. AORN Journal, 50(2), 370‑378.
Stucky, M.A. (2010). Advising online RNB students: Doorbell to degree. Poster presentation. Symposium: Changing the culture through RN-BSN education. Published in conference proceedings. 43rd Annual WIN Communicating Nursing Research Conference, Glendale AZ.
Thiele, Joan, PhD, RN; Carol Allen, MSN, RN and Mary Stucky, MSN, RNC.
(1998, October 28-31). Effects of web-based instruction upon learning behaviors of undergraduate and graduate students. Poster presentation. Weaving and tapestry of nursing education ’98, ANA/University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle WA.
Stucky, Mary K. (1989, November 3). Novice baccalaureate nursing students' evaluation of a perioperative simulation. Co Investigators: Joan E. Thiele, PhD, RN, Principal Investigator, Janet R. Holloway, MA, RNC, Denice Murphy, MHS, RNC, Jill Pendarvis, MA, RNC. Poster presentation. Northwest Regional Research Conference, Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chi Chapter, Coeur d'Alene, ID.
Stucky, Mary K. (1989, April 13 & 14). A market survey of baccalaureate nursing students: Implications for recruitment. Co Investigator Janet R. Holloway, MA, RNC. Poster presentation. Lewis Clark State College, Ninth Annual Nursing Symposium, Lewiston ID.
Stucky, Mary K. (1989, January 27.). Factors influencing baccalaureate nursing students' choice of career and school: A market survey. Co Investigator: Janet R. Holloway, MA, RNC. Poster presentation at the Sigma Theta Tau International Regional Assembly entitled "Building Career Success", Scottsdale AZ.
Stucky, Mary K. (1988, April 14). Novice baccalaureate nursing students response to use of simulations to teach clinical judgment. Co Investigators: Joan Thiele, PhD, RN, Janet Holloway, MA, RNC, Denice Murphy, MHS, RNC, Jill Pendarvis, MA, RNC. Poster presentation at Lewis Clark State College, Eighth Annual Nursing Symposium, Lewiston ID.